- We are keen to know about you in order to provide you with information on products, services and sports content that will be better suited to your individual interests, while any obtained feedback on our services will aid us in detecting and preventing faults. At a basic level we will ask for details about your address, age and preferences.
- Most of the information we receive comes from you. However, we may also gain more information as you interact with the various services we provide ie. our competitions, message boards and transactional areas. We do not collect personally identifiable information and always try to ensure the information we have about you is correct and complete.
- Whenever we ask for information about you there will always be the option to either “opt in” or “opt out” of receiving promotional and/or marketing information about other products, services and offers from the company and/or third parties on whose behalf we may send out information. Should you agree we may contact you about other Balkantalk.com services to which you do not subscribe but which may interest you. There is the option to “opt out” at any time from receiving further promotional information via email or other communication means and upon request, we will use commercially reasonable efforts to remove your personal information from our database.
- We treat the information we hold on you as confidential and may retain it for a reasonable period. Balkantalk.com employees take care in handling this information and will only request it when there is a good reason to do so. We make every effort to ensure the information held on our databases is secure.
- Except where the law permits or unless you specifically agree, Balkantalk.com does not sell or rent your personal data to others outside Balkantalk.com and its subsidiaries. We may use anything we know about you to enable us to serve you better. We will not disclose your information to any third party except if they are involved in a relevant service. You will generally know if a transfer of your personal data has taken place unless the third parties are working on our behalf – our subcontractors, administrators (eg for processing credit card payments) or our professional advisers or should the data be required to be disclosed by law or to a regulator.
- Should a business division be sold to another company and your personal data is used by that business the data may be transferred to the buyer along with the business for them to use in the same way.
- You should be aware that should you voluntarily disclose personally identifiable information such as usernames or email addresses on public areas of our websites (eg on message boards) – that information, can be collected and used by third parties which may lead to unsolicited messages from other third parties and such activities are beyond our control.
- Your IP address may be used to help us diagnose any problems with our server or to help us administer our websites. Your IP address may be used to help identify you while it will help us gather broad demographic information to enable us to understand our users requirements.
- Where advertising is placed on our web pages there could be cookies used to collect technical information and general usage information although third party advertisers will not be able to relate this to you personally unless you provide your consent.
- Should any of our sites contain links to other sites outside our group we can not be responsible for their content or handling of your information.
Privacy – what information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data:
(1) information about your computer and about your visits to and use of the website in the Balkantalk.com such as your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views;
(2) information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our websites’ services, email notifications and/or newsletters;
(3) information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us;
(4) information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to the websites in the BalkanTalk.com including information relating to any purchases you make of our services;
(5) any other information that you choose to send to us.
We may send a cookie which may be stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive. We may use the information we obtain from the cookie in the administration of the websites in our network, to improve the websites’ user experience and for marketing purposes. We may also use that information to recognize your computer when you visit our websites, and to personalise our websites for you. Our advertisers may also send you cookies so they can provide you with ads which are relevant to you and are most likely to be of interest to you based upon the history of your internet usage.
There are a several techniques for managing cookies in your internet browser. By using the settings in your preferred browser, you can opt out of cookies or have your browser notify you with a message before accepting a cookie from websites you visit. Please know that you may not be able to enjoy all of the features of the sites in our network if you disable cookies in your browser. It is possible to delete cookies which have been installed in the cookie folder of your browser. Different browsers have unique ways to manage settings. Click on the links below for instructions for the most popular internet browsers:
Mozilla Firefox – http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/Enabling%20and%20disabling%20cookies
Microsoft Internet Explorer – http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/block-or-allow-cookies
Safari – http://support.apple.com/kb/PH5042
Not utilizing any of the browsers mentioned above? Then please search for ‘cookies’ within the help section of the browser you use for information on where you can locate your cookie folder.
We do not ordinarily collect financial information such as credit card details. If you do purchase services from us using a credit or debit card these details are passed directly to a market leading and trusted financial services company such as Paypal.
In addition, we may publish Google AdSense advertisements on our website. To determine your interests, Google will track your behaviour on our website and on other websites across the web using a cookie. This behaviour tracking allows Google to tailor the advertisements you see to reflect your interests. You can read more about this at: http://www.google.com/intl/en-GB/policies/privacy/. You can modify your settings by visiting: http://www.google.com/settings/ads/
When you access our website, a third-party cookie will be set by Google in order to serve advertising and help fund the service we provide.
Using your personal data
We may use your personal information to:
(a) administer the website
(b) improve your browsing experience by personalising the website
(c) send to you our newsletter and other marketing communications (relating to our business or the businesses of carefully-selected third parties) which we think may be of interest to you by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications to be sent by emailing us using the contact details on our website);
(d) send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications;
(e) send you email notifications which you have specifically requested;
(f) send statements and invoices to you, and collect payments from you;
(g) provide third parties with statistical information about our users – but this information will not be used to identify any individual user;
(h) deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the websites in the ScoopDragon Publishing network;
We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
(a) to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
(b) in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
(c) in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk); and
(d) to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset which we are or are contemplating selling.
International data transfers
Security of your personal data
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure servers. All electronic transactions you might make to or receive from us would be encrypted [using SSL technology].
Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information may be subject to the payment of a fee.
You may instruct us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes by email at any time. (In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal data for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of the use of your personal data for marketing purposes.)
Third party websites
The websites in the ScoopDragon Publishing network may contain links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies and cookie policies or practices of third party websites.
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.