Moussa Dembele has distanced himself from a move to Red Devils and insists he will stay at Lyon for the remainder of the campaign. U21 France international has been heavily linked with a move to Man United as the Norwegian boss is looking to strengthen his attacking options during the winter transfer window.
Lyon, however, have remained adamant that the centre-forward will not be sold this month and Moussa, who has scored 15 goals for the Ligue 1 giants this campaign, says he is not looking to leave. ‘I am a Lyon footballer, and I will remain so until the end of the campaign,’ Moussa said after Lyon’s win against Lille on Tuesday evening.
‘I do not think that there will be a departure this winter. ‘Lots of things are being said. ‘It is up to me to ignore that and stay concentrated on the pitch.’ Earlier this week, Les Gones president Jean-Michel Aulas reiterated that Dembele will not be sold. ‘Our footballers are often targeted,’ Aulas said.
‘We want Dembele and Lucas Tousart to remain. ‘The latter has received significant bids. If Moussa leaves, we will have to replace him first. ‘But I think they will stay. Now is not the time for us to weaken our club.’ The 23-year-old centre-forward joined the French club from Celtic in 2018 with a €25m deal.
In this campaign, the French striker already played 30 matches, scored 15 goals and provided five assists across all tournaments. Ole Gunnar Solskjær wants to strengthen the front-line during the transfer window.