Juventus defender Giorgio Chiellini is reportedly on the verge of signing a new contract with the club.
The Old Lady have moved to extend the veteran centre-back’s deal following summer interest from Chelsea, according to Calciomercato.
The report states that a tentative agreement is in place between club and player, but the two parties are yet to settle on whether the extension should be for one or two years.
Meanwhile, Chelsea boss Antonio Conte allegedly approached Chiellini last summer in an attempt to lure him to England, but the defender is said to have rebuffed his interest in favour of seeing his career out at Juventus.
Chiellini has spent more than a decade with the Old Lady, having joined the club from Roma in 2005.
Meanwhile, Chelsea made an offer for Bayern Munich defender Rafinha in the summer.
That’s as reported by Bild report Christian Falk who posted: “Exklusiv: @R13_official demands to play more often.
“Otherwise he will search [sic] another challenge. In summer @ChelseaFC made an offer @SPORTBILD.”
Talking last week, Rafinha told Bild that he wanted to perform at right back.
He claimed: “Everyone knows I’d rather play right back, that’s my position. I have been playing with Philipp Lahm for six years, and I have seen that I often had to sit on the bench.
“Don’t get me wrong: Joshua Kimmich is a super boy, but I also want to play, I also have to worry about my future.”
The veteran has racked up over 100 games for Bayern since joining the team from Italian side Genoa in 2011.
— Christian Falk (@cfbayern) September 19, 2017
However the experienced Brazil international has claimed he’s had offers to leave the Bundesliga giants.
He said: “I already had offers from England and Spain before this season.
“The responsible people know this. But they can always rely on me: FC Bayern is in my heart, I always give 100 percent.
“That is why I think that the responsible people understand that I want to play, but I have to think about my future.”